The Archives Records Information Access System (ARIAS) is designed to facilitate citizen access to archival records created by all branches and levels of Pennsylvania State Government. Records series currently online are:
- PA National Guard Veteran’s Card File, 1867-1921
- Civil War Veterans’ Card File
- Revolutionary War Military Abstract Card File
- World War I Service Medal Application Cards
- Spanish American War Veterans’ Card File of United States Volunteers
- Mexican Border Campaign Veterans’ Card File
- Militia Officers’ Index Cards, 1775-1800
The original paper records were microfilmed. From this microfilm, the images were digitized for presentation on the Web. The content, sequence, and image quality among the records series will vary depending on how they were originally written/typed and subsequently filmed. In some instances, certain information may be illegible. Efforts were made to optimize the records for readabilty and presentation purposes for the Web. Currently, about 1,500,000 records are accessible in ARIAS, and the State Archives plans to make additional records available in the near future.
Learn How to Use ARIAS
Explore Historical Records through ARIAS now
For further information about ARIAS and future priorities for making original records available, contact us.